Google
 

March 30, 2007

Train Stations in Europe


This is a picture that I took at the Victor Station in London. I love going to the big train stations in Europe. I still remember the Central Station in Amsterdam when I visited there 7 years ago. It's the architectural design of it makes me feel that I am in a different time period and I am really leaving somewhere to go to another place. I don't get the same feeling whenever I go to the airports.

I think it has to do with the fact that it's a lot easier and more common for people to travel around nowadays than before. Therefore, you don't see people crying at every single train station or airport. Also, the new airport just makes you feel so cold and isolated. You just don't feel the atmosphere that you are leaving a place for good to go to another place. It may also have to do with the fact that I watch way too many Hollywood movies!

No comments: