Google
 

May 03, 2008

I want a MacBook Air!

I have to admit that I have been pretty obsessed with MacBook Air lately. I almost bought it at a local electronics store today. Many people questioned why I would waste money on something that's not that powerful, especially the current MacBook has a pretty decent line up on models with biggest hard disk, internal super drive, and faster CPU.

I guess not many people realize that I buy things not simply because of functionality (except for my IBM T60 computer) but design as well. MacBook Air is so elegantly designed that I can't image not showing up for a client's presentation with one of them in my hand. Instead of using the boring Windows PowerPoint (one of the most overrated programs that wastes most of people's time in both business and academic worlds). Keynote is a much better program for presenting and illustrating ideas. At least my ex-colleague Luke told me again and again.

Today my friend was trying to convince me to save money and get a MacBook instead. However, I decided not to get it at the last moment. I only want to get something that I really are in love with and am passion about. Otherwise, I will end up not using it that much.

I think I will probably end up getting the Sony Vaio VGN-CR35G/T because it has 200GB of hard disk, a super drive, and all the card reader slots. Also, if you can view it clearly from your screen, you will see that it actually has a crocodile-skin like texture and design for its cover. It's pretty slick!

No comments: