Google
 

March 30, 2007

St. James's Park, London

On my last day in London, I spent the day wandering around the St. James's Park. I got there at around 9 in the morning. I got a coffee and a hot dog (I was really hungry.) at a snack booth at its entrance. It was a sunny day and I spent my entire day strolling along the pedestrian walk in the park. The park reminds me of the Victoria Park in Hong Kong. I still remember spending time there when I was very young; running one-mile twice a year for the physical education (P.E.) exam; sitting there during my lunch time when I started working. I still have pictures at home that my parents took when I was very young. My dad used to take me and my sisters to the park on weekends.

I ended up walking all the way to the Buckingham Palace inside the Park. As usual, it was packed with tourists outside the gate trying to take a peek at the Queen, who is never in the outer countyard. On my way back to my friend's apartment, I ended up running into the St. Patrick's Day Parade near Picadilly Circus. I stopped for a while and took some pictures.

London, I am missing you already!

No comments: