Google
 

September 16, 2006

Cary Brothers

I have been listening to this song so many times in the past two weeks. It's a song by the band "Cary Brothers." It's such a wonderful song that I can't stop crying everything I heard it. I first heard of the song on Matt Crest's girlfriend's MySpace website. It just caught me completely off guard when I realized that tears were dropping down my chin.

The song is also included in the soundtrack of the recently release movie "The Last Kiss." Needless to say, I ended up getting the soundtrack and watching the movie. It's an excellent movie about a guy (played by Zach Braff) who was about to get married and became uncertainly about his life. All of his friends are 29 (I am turning 29 in a month) and are experiencing various problems in their relationships: getting married, contemplating to get a divorce, having problem let go of one's past love, having fear of committment. Even though I am not in a relationship, I can echo part of the confusion you get when you approach 30. When I was young, it seemed forever to reach 30. Now, 30 is just within the reach of my toe.

Am I going to have a new me by age 30? I think I have been crying inside to have a drastic change in my life.

----------------------------
Ride -
Cary Brothers

You are everything I wanted
The scars of all I’ll ever know

If I told you you were right
Would you take my hand tonight?
If I told you the reasons why
Would you leave your life and ride?
And ride…

You saw all my pieces broken
This darkness that I could never show

If I told you you were right
Would you take my hand tonight?
If I told you the reasons why
Would you leave your life and ride?
And ride…

No comments: