I have to confess that I made a very stupid mistake on Sunday night. I was talking on the phone with my best friend from Hong Kong while I was cleaning up my bathroom. I was trying to clean up the cat litter box. (I don't actually have a cat. My friend went to Montreal and I am cat-sitting for 10 days.) I got too excited and did not think twice by simply pouring all the cat litter in the toilet. Well, needless to say, the toilet got clogged! You know, the cat litter is a pretty darn messy thing. Once it interacts with water, it forms a paste-like substance. If you follow the directions, you can simply scoop out the cat urine and poos from the litter box. Of course, I did not and the toilet ended up clogging. The water kept running from the toilet and flooded my bathroom floor. I ended up staying up till 4 in the morning to dry the floor and clean up the mess. It was a nightmare!
You must be curious why my toilet still clogs. After the flooding, I rushed to Safeway to buy a plunger and a big bottle of Draino Max Strength and hoped that it would help resolve the problem. Well, at one point, I think I poured too much Draino in the toilet and I was inhaling the ammonia. I was choking to death and thought that I was about to start bleeding from my nose and ears!
At this very moment, my toilet is under control but I can't really call the management to fix it under the cat is gone. I am praying that I don't have to stay up all night again to clean up the bathroom!