Google
 

February 23, 2007

Sick and Tired

The cold and flu that I caught this past Monday is getting worse today. I have been sneezing and having a running nose the entire day at work. However, I did manage to finish a project on competitive analysis and sent out a survey to our publisher for a case study. So far, I think it's a very productive day.

I was trying to offer help to my colleague on a project that he is responsible for. However, he basically just turned down the help and wanted me to do the work. He said that he won't mind if I took a lead to do the work. What the hell was he thinking? I couldn't believe that he would ask me to do the work for him, rather than spending some time to figure out how to do it. Anyway, I learned my lesson and told him that I won't take charge of the work that he is supposed to do.

Sometimes I wonder how there's such a big difference in people's work ethnic. You know, you come in late at work, take an hour or so in the afternoon, and leave work an hour early or so. If that's what makes the American society moving on, I'll have to admit that the Asian society has a lot to learn. When I was working back in Asia, people not only stay late at work but they also bring work to home. I did not think that it's the right mentality because many Asian employees stay late at work just to impress their bosses. They are so inefficient at work and end up spending hours at work chatting online or doing nothing. I think the best workers are those who get their work completed within their work schedule. It means that you know how to manage your time efficiently to get the work done. That's the type of people who will be successful because they know how to work within the limits and get the most out of it.

Since I worked very intense at work today without taking a lunch break, I am completely exhausted now. I think I am going to chill tonight to finish some DVDs that I got in the mail a few days ago.

Peace.

No comments: